[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Satan's Bed • View topic - Sirens

Sirens

pretty self explanatory folks.

Re: Sirens

Postby Anakin Skywalker » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:59 pm

The setlist was shaping up to be a grand slam. Double opener, pendulum and release. Then into like five great songs, some singalongs...then dissident. And im like, ok, piss break. It just felt like piss break after piss break after that. And i know that isnt really fair because i can see the setlist, we had some good stuff in there.I think what is offputting when you are there is the novelty songs like chloe dancer aren't backed by legit performances of other songs. This is the curse of having a catalogue this big I guess. I don't want to whine...I just feel stupid for being so excited again and being let down. It doesn't help that I have seen them like 15 times, maybe more, so my expectations are informed and maybe a little lofty. The sound was fine. The flow of the show wasn't for me. I know that is a really nonspecific criticism and im struggling for a better description but that's all I have for now.
Anakin Skywalker
post whore

Postby poorpinkus » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:42 pm

I can do without chloe dancer and crown of thorns
poorpinkus
Global Mod

Postby PJKid » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:33 pm

I have never been to a bad Pearl Jam show and I've been to many.
I hope that Monday and/or Tuesday does not change that.

The only song that I don't really care for, on the new album, is Future Days.
It's possible that I haven't given it enough time yet. Reminds me too much like The End.
PJKid
ADMIN

Postby Badly Bagel » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:21 am

I'm not completely done with them, but it's even money that Baltimore is my last time seeing them. This new album, I mean, my goodness.
Badly Bagel
idiot savant
idiot savant

Postby PJKid » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:01 am

I will see them until the day I die or they decide to break up.

The less people buying Fan Club tickets = Better for me 8)
PJKid
ADMIN

Postby PJKid » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:02 am

poorpinkus wrote:I can do without chloe dancer and crown of thorns

I remember when it was a big deal that they played it.

Not such a big deal anymore.
PJKid
ADMIN

Postby Brychoes » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:38 am

Just watched the Jimmy Fallon performance, and I have to say I have new respect for this song. I had no idea that Mike sang harmony. That's a new twist......

Speaking of Fallon: having the The Roots as a house band is pretty cool....and this "tribute" thing they do...I've seen it with Pink Floyd, and now Pearl Jam...is pretty good.
Brychoes
I'm so cool you don't even know I'm cool

Postby PJKid » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:56 am

Eddie's voice sounded a little strained last night, but I still liked the performance.

I have to say that I do not know much about Fallon other than he was on SNL.
I haven't really watched SNL since about 1979 so I can not judge him on that show.
I have, however, been watching a bit of the show this week because of Pearl Jam week.
This guy is really going to get The Tonight Show? I find him completely unfunny as a late
night host. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think so. He's terrible.
PJKid
ADMIN

Postby spanish » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:23 pm

He's not funny, but he's funnier than Leno...
spanish
Board Spic

Postby Anakin Skywalker » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:31 pm

I hate fallon. Smug little shitbag.
Anakin Skywalker
post whore

Postby spanish » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:01 pm

I used to really really not like him back in SNL... Since that I haven't paid much attention to him. He has done some funny stuff though... like that Breaking Bad parody. That shit was great.
spanish
Board Spic

Postby PJKid » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:20 pm

spanish wrote:He's not funny, but he's funnier than Leno...

I'm not a huge fan of Leno but at least he's made me laugh. Fallon has yet to make me laugh.
PJKid
ADMIN

Postby Skitch Patterson » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:40 pm

I fear most of our concerns regarding Fallon may be generational. We're not even supposed to be up late enough for the Tonight Show.
Skitch Patterson
Alliance Approved

Postby nobody » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:04 pm

I enjoy the Jimmy Kimmel Show...not so much Jimmy Fallon though.

Although you are right, I am not awake to watch the program. I DVR it and watch it during work the next day.
nobody
Satan
Satan

Postby PJKid » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:24 pm

nobody wrote:I enjoy the Jimmy Kimmel Show...not so much Jimmy Fallon though.

Although you are right, I am not awake to watch the program. I DVR it and watch it during work the next day.

We DVR Letterman and Kimmel
PJKid
ADMIN

Postby spanish » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:51 pm

The only late night shows I watch are Stewart and Colbert... I rarely tune in for Conan or Letterman. For Leno? Never.
spanish
Board Spic

Postby Anakin Skywalker » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:46 am

The shows I DVR: Jeopardy, Southland, Justified.
Anakin Skywalker
post whore

Postby E.K » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:15 am

I still don't care for Sirens ..
E.K
from australia

Postby E.K » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:23 pm

I heard Sirens live on January 19 .. I looked around and noticed it wasn't getting much love from the audience which made me feel a bit sad for Mike ..
E.K
from australia

Postby PJKid » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:34 am

I still like the song.
PJKid
ADMIN

PreviousNext

Return to pearl jam topics